Not that you could tell it from the checks I had to write to the U.S. Treasury yesterday, but the Internal Revenue Service says the average American’s tax refund has actually grown by about 10 percent compared to last year. Which means there will be an awful lot of folks with an extra $3,000 or so burning a hole in their pockets over the next few months.
Now, I understand that prudence probably dictates it’d be wise to bank all that dough for a rainy day. But, honestly, that doesn’t sound like very much fun now, does it?
So here’s my compromise: Five affordable once-in-a-lifetime adventures you’ll be talking about from now till next April 15th:
- Creating your own custom fragrance will make you feel like a million bucks.
- Leave your cares on the ground as you soar like a bird on these tandem paragliding flights.
- It’s flat-out impossible to feel uptight at the weekly Saturday morning Cajun music shindigs at Fred’s Lounge.
- You can add to your tax windfall by finding just one hot pink tourmaline at Gems Of Pala.
- Laugh away your troubles at one of these stand-up comedy workshops.
MORE EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCES: